Glacier National Park Kid-Friendly Activities
Kid-Friendly Adventures for your Family Vacation in Glacier National Park
Is your family visiting Glacier National Park this Summer? Cool! Montana is a fantastic place to vacation with your family. We understand it can be hard to keep the young ones occupied and we want to help you make the most of your time at Glacier National Park. If you find yourself wondering what do to on your family vacation in Glacier, you can refer to our quick list of Glacier National Park kid-friendly activities!
Glacier National Park’s Kid-friendly Activities:
- Family Friendly Raft trip the Flathead River.
- Walk on a swinging bridge! Hike the South Shore Two Medicine Trail and dangle over the creek on the seasonal bridge.
- Have a picnic at one of the picnic areas in the park.
- Check out the different colored rocks found along the shorelines at Lake McDonald, Two Medicine, or St. Mary.
- Take a historic boat ride on Lake McDonald, Many Glacier, Two Medicine or St. Mary Lake.
- Visit one of the historic park lodges at Lake McDonald, East Glacier, or Many Glacier.
- Horseback ride Glacier National Park.
- Attend a campfire program or have your own campfire, roast marshmallows, and stay up late when the coals die down and do some stargazing.
- Rent a boat at Apgar, Two Medicine or Many Glacier and.
- Find a peaceful spot to sit and listen for birds or to sketch an interesting plant.
- Connect with Glacier’s past visitors by journeying to some of the historic structures in the park. Possibilities include the historic schoolhouse building in Apgar Village, the Polebridge Ranger Station, or check out the view from the 1913 Ranger Station porch (inside is not open) in St. Mary.
- Bicycle (or hike) along the bike path between Apgar Village and West Glacier
- Visit the Glacier Outdoor Center