Things To Do In Glacier National Park
Looking for recommended Glacier National Park activities?
There is no shortage of things to do in Glacier National Park, as this entire area is an edge-of-your-seat experience – whether rafting through class III rapids or sitting in a saddle surrounded by mountains. We’d be happy to reserve a seat for you. As the longest running rafting outfitter in the state, you could say white water rafting in Montana is our specialty. We offer activities like Flathead river rafting, combination horseback riding and river rafting and fly fishing trips daily from May through September. For a backcountry whitewater and fly fishing experience, we’ll guide you through the Great Bear Wilderness on the pristine Upper Middle Fork of the Flathead River. If you’re looking for things to do on your own, we have all the best gear and rental equipment for all your Glacier National Park activities – rafting, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping. Rise and shine and join us for the best white water rafting Montana has to offer, legendary Montana fly fishing, and much much more!
Glacier National Park Activities Information
Glacier Raft Company’s Favorite Things to do in Glacier National Park
1. Going-to-the-Sun-Road! Drive one of the most incredible roads in the country. It spans over 50 miles through Glacier National Park, and in the middle lies Logan Pass. Hike around up here for a beautiful alpine experience. Mountain Goats and Big Horn Sheep are commonly hanging out to have their picture taken. Check the Road Status Page for closure information as it’s often not open till mid-June.
2. Rafting! Be sure to hit the Middle Fork of the Flathead river while you are in Glacier National Park. There is nothing else like it! Surrounded by pristine wilderness, this stretch of river doesn’t get more remote and fun. Between our Montana whitewater rafting half day, full-day, and multi-day trips, there’s a trip that is a great fit for you and your group!
3. Fly Fishing! It’s something we are known for out here in the west! From never-evers to seasoned veterans we can take you to the best spots to cast into the wild and scenic Flathead rivers.
4. Camping! Whether you want to do it yourself or take a trip with us, being under the Montana big sky at night is something you and your family will never forget. We have all the gear you need from a guided trip to a car kit.
5. Hiking! Want to see something incredible? Make sure you check out some of the most popular trails in Glacier Park. No need to pack your suitcase full; Glacier Outdoor Center has all the gear you need for your trek out into the wild.
6. Shopping! Need a cool souvenir to take back home or forgot something? We have lots of options at Glacier Outdoor Center 1/2 mile west of West Glacier or at our rafting location in the Village of West Glacier.